Professors and scholars visiting IRPET
IRPET welcomes professors and researchers from Italian and foreign universities and research centres for periods of at least one month and no longer than one year, upon request from IRPET researchers or the institution’s representatives, or else upon direct application. The aim of the visiting program is to host professors and scholars at IRPET’s premises, where they can carry out the scientific studies and researches followed in their home institution, as well as joint IRPET research programs.
Study location and ancillary services in a very quite environment bordering the city, benefitting from continuing relationships with research institutions and public administrations. Use of the Institute’s facilities and service resources, including the access to the wireless network. Assistance in building up relationships with professors and researchers from Tuscan universities, and the research and administration communities.
Application procedure and form
Professors and scholars who wish to spend a period at IRPET can apply by filling up the attached form along with the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae in European format, stating the current position held and the list of publications.
- Authorization letter from the home institution, stating the position currently held and the specific purposes of the visiting period.
- Description of the research program proposed, and its relevance for the fields of study investigated by IRPET.
* Districts and local productive systems
* Income distribution and poverty
* Rural economics and policies
* International economy and competitiveness
* Urban economics
* Territorial analysis
* Institutional settings
* Fiscal federalism
* Public economics and local finance
* Productive firms and sectors
* Economic and social infrastructures
* Mobility and transports
* Education and culture
* Work and immigration
* Regional macroeconomics
* Public utilities
* Society and families
* Ex ante and ex post evaluation